Olympic Adult Education’s teaching, coordinating and administration staff are very dedicated and work extremely hard teaching our students and participants new skills and coordinating and administering the program areas. The staff are very proud of the quality of our programs. Visitors and new staff always comment on the happy and supportive working environment.
Committee of Management
People interested in volunteering for the Committee of Management are welcome to ring and speak to the manager on 9450 2665. Committee members are recruited for their expertise in the following areas Community Education, Community Development, Finance, Marketing, Legal or Small Business.
Several community groups continue to use our facilities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. We welcome new groups who may wish to utilise our facilities and encourage them to contact us on 9450 2665.
Volunteers make anything possible!
Olympic Adult Education is supported by a dedicated group of volunteers, some who have helped in our programs for many years. Approximately 55 volunteers provide valuable support on a weekly basis to teachers in classes, assist with student learning activities, help students develop conversation skills and provide administration support to teachers. We thank all our volunteers for their commitment and support of the Olympic Adult Education community. We would also acknowledge the support of Volunteers of Banyule in the ongoing recruitment of volunteers.
Prospective volunteers have an appointment with our volunteer coordinator to see if volunteer and organisational needs match. After being recruited new volunteers are given an induction into the organisation and the volunteer program. Information sessions relevant to the work we do are arranged at least twice per year.
If you would like to know more about the Olympic Adult Education Volunteer program phone 9450 2665.
Ways to Get Involved
- Assist as a volunteer tutor working with a teacher in a class
- Support people with disabilities in a special needs literacy class
- Assist distributing course brochures biannually
- Take photographs
- Participate and help at festivals and events
- Assist at community lunches
- Assist at fundraising events including sausage sizzles
- Nominate for Committee of Management
How do Volunteers benefit?
- Volunteer workers benefit from their experience in many ways
- For many it is a chance to get out, make new friends and contribute to the community
- Volunteers can use their new skills and experiences to assist in entering or re-entering the workforce. Employers are often impressed by voluntary work experience listed on a resume
- Some people like to continue to use their skills after retirement
- It is important to us at Olympic Adult Education that volunteers enjoy working with us and feel part of our community