How to Enrol – 3 Easy Steps:
- Step 1
- Contact our office to see if there is a vacancy in the course you want. For some courses you will also need to speak with a coordinator.
- Step 2
- Complete an enrolment form.
- Step 3
- Present the enrolment form and payment to our office.
Course Fees Information
- Holders of valid Health Care, Pensioner or Veterans Cards are eligible for concession discounts.
- All students are required to pay a student services and amenities fee.
- Student services and amenities fee (to pay for tea, coffee, photocopying ,etc.):
- Concession card holders: $50.00
- Non concession: $50.00 – $800.00 (depending on course)
- Fees need to be paid at the time of enrolment, by cash, cheque or credit card.
- Paying in installments can be arranged with the office.
- Students in Government funded classes who withdraw in writing within the first 4 weeks are eligible for a refund, less a $10 administration fee.
- All students pay a student services fee which covers tea, coffee, use of the kitchen, computers, student library and pathways planning. Students are expected to pay for excursions.
We are located at:
21 Alamein Rd, West Heidelberg 3081
Melway Ref: 19 E12 & 19 D11
Important Information for Students
Olympic Adult Eduction (OAE) offers English as a Second Language Classes to adult learners. Funding may be available through Adult Community & Further Education (ACFE), Skills Victoria, and the Language Literacy and Numeracy Programme (LLNP). There are also a small number of places for fee for service students. If you are interested in accessing the ESL programme, call 9450 2665 to book an interview.
If you have been referred by Centrelink or another agency, please discuss payment arrangements with us.
Who can enrol?
Anyone who is 18 years or older, unless specified in the class description. Students in Language and Literacy courses require an interview with the coordinator prior to enrolment.
Classes will run subject to sufficient enrolments. Classes with low enrolments may be cancelled or postponed. Full refunds apply when OAE cancels the course. Every effort will be made to notify students. Refunds for other reasons will only be available in accordance with our Refund Policy which is stated in our Student Handbook.
Learners withdrawing from a course are required to sign a withdrawal form at the office. Refunds will be given up until week 4 of the course, less administration fee and number of sessions.
No classes are held during state school term breaks, for most courses.
State Public Holidays:
No classes are held on public holidays or when advised by the Centre.
Learners with Disabilities:
Prospective learners who would like to discuss specific support needs related to their study can speak with the course coordinator to discuss support options. OAE has wheelchair access.
Learners enrolled in accredited courses may opt, in some circumstances, to study without being assessed. Learners will need to discuss this with the coordinator and complete a form.